Assertive Community Treatment Specialist (ACT)
Position Description: Assertive Community Treatment Specialist
Community Resource Center is a non-for-profit Community Mental Health agency that has been in operation since 1969 offering mental health and substance usage services to Marion, Clinton and Fayette counties.
Salary Range: $16-17 per hour
Hours per Day or Week: 40 hours per week.
Qualifications and Other Skill or Knowledge Requirements: High School diploma required. Must be 21 years of age. Valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required. Must be able to pass background checks such as OIG, DCFS, State Police.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides mental health rehabilitation interventions and supports to individuals with
Serious Mental Illness which is determined to be medically necessary to accomplish
2. Provides interventions to individuals prescribed in the individual treatment plan that
includes service provision in the individuals own environment, at least 70% off-site.
3. Assists individuals with identifying their strengths, resources, preferences, and choices.
4. Assists individuals with identifying existing natural supports for the development of a
natural support team.
5. Assists individuals with the identification of risk factors related to relapse and develop
relapse prevention plans and strategies including the development of crisis management
6. Supports and promotes self-advocacy and participation in decision making, treatment and
7. Provides skill building to assist individuals in the development of functional,
interpersonal, family, coping, and community living skills that are negatively impacted
by mental illness.
8. Provides care coordination with medical providers and other providers involved in the
9. Refers individuals to substance use, employment, and other programs as needed.
10. Involves families and significant others in client care with the client consent.
11. Provides transportation as needed in compliance with transportation policies.
12. Completes documentation including service delivery within established time frames.
13. Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
14. Participates in ACT Team meetings.
Knowledge and understanding of mental health and substance use disorders. Understanding and
consistent articulation and practice of recovery principles, person-centered care, motivational
interviewing, and trauma informed care. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
writing, with persons of diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Supervisory Relationships: Reports to Project Director and Clinical Director.
Amount of Travel and Any Other Special Conditions or Requirements: Regular local travel.
COVID-19 considerations: Staff must be vaccinated or have a qualifying exemption
CRC is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $17.00 per hour
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Centralia, IL 62801: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location